Here are the bullet point answers:
• Start exercising
• If you practice yoga keep upright as much as possible
• Incorporate mindfulness meditation
• Watch for studies on vitamin B3
• Eat fruits and green leafy vegetables
• Drink caffeinated tea
Understand, the primary treatment for glaucoma is eye drops, laser surgery, and other surgical treatments. However, if you would like to do more, consider incorporating some of the above bullet points.
Vitamin B3 (niacin) is being studied extensively as there is growing evidence of its importance in the health of central nervous system cells including the optic nerve, which becomes damaged in glaucoma. It is still too early to say if all glaucoma patients should be taking vitamin B3 supplements.
I wish you and your families a happy and healthy holiday season and look forward to seeing you all in the clinic soon!
Dr. Michelle Akler
Services we offer
- LASIK starting at $799/eye
- Cataract surgery with advanced technology implants
- Diabetic eye care
- Glaucoma and Macular Degeneration management
Michelle Akler, MD
Akler Eye Center
Sterling Heights & Dearborn
Akler Eye Center is one of the top laser eye & LASIK surgery centers in Detroit, Michigan.